Accelerate YOUR GROWTH & Impact
The Summer Fellowship Program supports the learning and engagement of highly-motivated individuals passionate about social change and equity while they engage in summer internships in the social impact sector.
Through the Summer Fellowship Program, individuals who are preparing to enter the workforce for the first time or are new to the workforce, participate in meaningful summer internships at mission-driven organizations while taking part in engaging and informative Summer Fellowship programming. The Summer Fellowship bolsters the leadership skills and networks of participants, illuminates pathways to a variety of careers and leadership roles in the social sector careers, and fuels their passion for mission-driven work.
Launched in 2006 at New Sector Alliance, the Summer Fellowship Program formally transitioned to the management and ownership of INP in fall 2021 as part of a strategic partnership agreement between the two organizations. Read more about the program transfer here.
WHAT IS THE summer FELLOWSHIP?
The INP Summer Fellowship Program brings together individuals who are preparing to enter the workforce (including undergraduate and graduate students, and early career professionals with less than five years of work experience) who are interested in exploring careers in the social impact sector. During the program, Summer Fellows gain an understanding of how nonprofit and mission-driven organizations function, hone their leadership and professional skills, and engage in mentoring relationships and network-building that extend beyond the Summer Fellowship experience. The Summer Fellowship program provides skills, tools, knowledge, and networks that emerging leaders need to be more equipped for long-term career growth. Included in the experience:
- Seminars, all of which deeply integrate the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, that explore career development, build knowledge about the social impact sector, cover essential leadership skills, and introduce the fundamentals of design-thinking.
- Networking conversations with a diverse network of other nonprofit and social impact professionals to provide opportunities for connection, collaboration, and building social capital.
- One-on-one mentorship with a social impact professional.
- Peer Learning with other Summer Fellows to work on skills, offer support and problem solving, and discuss workshop topics and concepts.
- Access to additional resources through INP’s active and diverse network. This includes learning from other equity-driven leaders including current students, alumni, faculty members, community partners, and funders.
Who Are our summer fellows?
At INP, we know that the learning experience in the classroom is strengthened by the diversity of our students. We encourage candidates across all identities, backgrounds, and organizational sizes to apply.
Ideal candidates for the Summer Fellowship Program are:
- Individuals preparing to enter the workforce including undergraduate students, graduate students, and early career leaders with five or fewer years of professional experience.
- Committed to working within the nonprofit or social impact sector.
- Growth-oriented and passionate about social justice, racial and gender equity work, and community change.
hoW CAN YOU BECOME A summer FELLOW?
Applications for the 2022 Summer Fellowship are currently closed and will open in winter 2022.
Palavi Thatai, Summer Fellowship Alum
My summer was fantastic, and I learned more in these 10 weeks than I have in any classroom.
Jonathan Meagher-Zayas, Summer Fellowship Alum
The most valuable part of my Fellowship experience was the network of people. It provided an excellent network of resources and empowered me to take direction and control of my career. Thanks to the support in the Fellowship, I committed to the social sector and feel prepared to take on leadership roles.