The Core Certificate Program (or Core Program) equips nonprofit, public, and social impact leaders with the skills, knowledge, and networks they need to make strategic, mission-driven decisions that center diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), and effect meaningful change in their organizations and beyond.
Accelerate Organizational and Community Impact
Through the Core Program, established community and nonprofit managers and executives can realize their full potential, building on their strengths to elevate their careers and organizational and community impact. The year-long program includes*:
- Weekly Management Seminars (2 hours per session) taught by Management Seminar faculty – and supported by guest lecturers – that study the fundamentals of management and leadership.
- Weekly Practice Seminars (2 hours per session) facilitated by Senior Fellows and conducted in small groups that engage in action-oriented problem-solving for specific leadership and management challenges confronted by students and their organizations.
- Access to additional resources through the Institute’s network. This includes learning from other leaders in the sector, current students, alumni, faculty members, community partners, and funders.
Who are Core Program Students?
At INP, we know that the learning experience in the classroom is strengthened by the diversity of our students and our faculty. Our classes represent a wide array of fields and roles across the social impact sector, from education to the environment, and finance to fundraising. We encourage students across all identities, backgrounds, and organizational sizes to apply.
Ideal candidates for the Core Program are:
- Growth-oriented individuals seeking to enhance their leadership and management impact through classroom learning and hands-on practice
- Nonprofit and public sector C-suite executives, social entrepreneurs, senior leaders, and managers who share a passion for and dedication to racial and gender equity
- Collaborative leaders who aspire to build or expand cross-sector networks/partnerships for social change
Priority applications for our 2024-25 Core Certificate Program are currently open and being accepted through Friday, February 23rd. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application process.
Did you know?
We actively recruit diverse classes in order to strengthen students’ learning experience and build a leadership pipeline that reflects our communities. Typically, more than 70% of Core Program students are BIPOC.Meet this year's class
Rebecca Rego, Core Alumnus
The INP experience is something unique and transformative. As a result of INP, I have a stronger sense of self, including who I am as a leader—and that is empowering and invaluable. And at a tactical level, the INP program has provided me with a plethora of tools and broadened my horizon to new ways of thinking.