Accelerate YOUR GROWTH & Impact
The RISE Fellowship brings together the next generation of highly-motivated, mission-driven, early career social sector and community leaders (with approximately five or fewer years of professional experience), who are passionate about social change and advancing equity. Launched in 2006 at New Sector Alliance, the RISE Fellowship formally transitioned to INP’s portfolio of programs in fall 2021 as part of a partnership agreement between the two organizations. Read more about the program transfer here.
WHAT IS THE RISE FELLOWSHIP?
The RISE Fellowship is designed for early career individuals looking for impactful leadership development opportunities to propel their careers. During the program, RISE Fellows gain an understanding of how mission-driven, social impact organizations function, develop essential leadership and professional skills, and engage in mentoring relationships and networking. The RISE Fellowship includes:
- Monthly seminars, all of which deeply integrate the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, that explore career development, build knowledge about the social impact sector, cover essential leadership skills, and introduce the fundamentals of design-thinking.
- Networking conversations with a diverse network of other nonprofit and social impact professionals to provide opportunities for connection, collaboration, and building social capital.
- One-on-one mentorship with a social impact professional during the program.
- Individualized coaching with INP Faculty to engage in action-oriented problem-solving for workplace based situations.
- Peer learning with groups that meet regularly to work on skill development, offer mutual support, and expand upon workshop topics together.
- Access to additional resources through INP’s active and diverse network. This includes learning from other equity-driven leaders including current students, alumni, faculty members, community partners, and funders.
Who IS AN IDEAL RISE FELLOW?
At INP, we know that the learning experience in the classroom is strengthened by the diversity of our participants, and through our programs we are working to create a social impact sector which is more effective, innovative, equitable and connected. Our cohorts represent individuals from a wide array of fields and roles, from education to the environment, human services and organizing and from finance to fundraising. We encourage candidates across all identities, backgrounds, and organizations to apply.
Ideal candidates for the RISE Fellowship program are:
- Early career professionals (with approximately five or fewer years of professional experience) who are already employed and want to bolster their skills and networks in the social impact sector.
- Growth-oriented individuals who are passionate about social justice, racial and gender equity work, and community change.
- Individuals who are seeking to expand their careers, organizational impact, and enhance their leadership and impact through classroom learning, practical application and network building.
Applications are currently open for our Fall 2023 RISE Fellowship Program. The priority deadline is June 9, 2023.
Did you know?
We actively recruit diverse classes in order to strengthen students’ learning experience and build a leadership pipeline that reflects our communities. Over 60% of RISE Fellows identify as BIPOC.Meet Our Current RISE Fellows
Sithara Kodali, RISE Fellowship Alum
The most valuable part of my Fellowship experience was the holistic set of skills and knowledge for success I gained, both in life and professionally. RISE gave me a compass to guide me in thinking about how I can make the work that I do more impactful.
Mikala Bedor, RISE Fellowship Alum
I’m finally cultivating a career (and life) that I want because of all of the soul searching and tough questions that the RISE Fellowship challenged me with.