Program Director, New York
About The Institute For Nonprofit Practice
Founded in Boston in 2007, the Institute for Nonprofit Practice (INP) transforms communities by equipping the most promising nonprofit leaders with the skills, confidence, and resources they need to make their organizations effective, innovative, and sustainable.
INP achieves this mission through comprehensive, year-long certificate programs that, to date, have equipped 1,400 senior level, mid-career, and emerging leaders with the management tools and networks they need to boldly advance their careers and be a force for social change in their organizations and communities.
Behind INP’s rigorous programming to develop leaders is an organizational culture that is thoughtful and attentive to its staff. Outstanding benefits and a strong sense of community and values are key aspects of what makes INP unique. An intentional and wide-reaching focus on diversity, belonging, equity, and inclusion is core to INP’s mission and is part of every aspect of the organization’s work: over 60% of INP faculty, staff, and students are people of color.
After over a decade of success expanding across New England, INP is looking ahead to the next chapter of growth and has already begun to broaden its impact by launching programming in New York City in 2019 with plans to grow to new regions across the country in the coming years.
For more information on the Institute for Nonprofit Practice, visit www.nonprofitpractice.org.
As the Program Director, New York you are not only passionate about our mission but are passionate about building the brand and network needed to recruit an outstanding cohort of leaders. You commitment to excellence fuels your ability to drive programmatic impact through exceptional project management, faculty and student communication, and events planning.
Reporting to the Executive Director, New York, you will join the regional New York team as we embark on an ambitious growth plan to dramatically increase impact and reach more leaders, organizations, and communities.
Experience in an outward-facing sales capacity is critical as you will lead on the recruitment and admissions for our New York program, cultivating organizational partnerships and individual student applicants. You will build and maintain strong relationships and serve as a visible ambassador, connector, and relationship-builder with diverse stakeholders. It will also be critical that you bring skill and experience centering equity in all aspects of your work. Excellent project management skills, a willingness to take initiative, and a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are vital components of this role.
- Recruitment and Admissions: Partner with the Executive Director and national team to design a local recruiting strategy to ensure a robust and diverse student applicant pipeline. Manage the assessment, selection, and admissions process.
- Program and Events Management: Ensure students have a high-quality experience designed to strengthen their practice. Oversee the planning and execution of orientation, graduation, and other program events and activities. Support faculty with weekly class preparation needs and attend regular faculty meetings as needed.
- Online Learning Support: Partner with Executive Director to develop and implement training and protocols to ensure the needs of students and faculty are met and support classes when needed.
- Alumni Engagement: Manage alumni engagement with local alumni and coordinate ongoing professional development, networking events, and other community-strengthening activities.
- External Engagement and Special Projects: Contribute to fundraising activities, such as engaging with students around class gift campaigns and attending local fundraising meetings and events. Collaborate with local and national leadership on special projects as needed.
INP is a small, growing, entrepreneurial organization and every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader INP team and adapt as needed to achieve our mission.
This position is a full time, exempt position and reports to the Executive Director, New York. The team is currently working remotely and will conduct programming virtually through Spring, 2021.
The successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Authentic passion for INP’s mission. Strong experience in talent development, social justice, and racial and gender equity preferred.
- Seven plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in an external sales and programmatic function.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Deadline-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities.
- A flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight while also being a team player who productively engages with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside INP.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and the budgeted range will be shared with applicants. We offer a strong benefits package with medical/dental insurance, 401(k) retirement match, paid vacation, professional development, mileage reimbursement for business travel, and more.
The Institute for Nonprofit Practice is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. All are encouraged to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
The Institute for Nonprofit Practice does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.