Now Hiring: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager position is a full-time role reporting to the COO. This person will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day effectiveness of INP, including our program operations, finance, and human resources functions. S/he will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work and supporting our ability to grow and expand impact.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented individual who wants to make a substantial impact while gaining a broad set of experiences relevant to nonprofit leadership.
- Program Operations (approx. 50% of role)
- Manage candidate and application communications, including responding to inquiries, scheduling interviews, and admissions and enrollment activities.
- Plan and serve as on-site coordinator of program events such as orientation, graduation and special events; manage space rentals for all classes and activities.
- Maintain course syllabi and materials, ensuring students and faculty have necessary access at all times.
- Support students as-needed to ensure access to all program materials and opportunities.
- Manage attendance and program evaluation records, and coordinate use of data analysis for learning and improvement.
- Finance, HR, and Compliance (approx. 15% of role)
- Coordinate day-to-day finance operations, liaising with our outsourced accounting firm; this includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, and invoicing.
- Maintain impeccable files following INP procedures.
- Support annual audit through data gathering.
- Maintain filings to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Support HR activities and file maintenance.
- Administrative and Infrastructure (approx. 35% of role)
- Serve as first point of contact at INP, via managing main phone and email accounts.
- Manage office and relationships with vendors.
- Schedule and provide support for board and committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to President & CEO and other staff as appropriate, including scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Maintain, administer and train others on effective use of platforms and systems, including Salesforce and Box.
- Contribute to the development and integration of new processes as appropriate.
- Across all areas of work, contribute to annual operations calendars and manuals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to INP’s mission and values.
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy.
- Outstanding organization and detail orientation.
- Comfort with cloud technology; experience with Salesforce or related systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and a keen attention to detail.
- Experience with event planning, administration and office management, and/or recruiting.
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel to sites for program activities.
- 2-4 years of work experience and Bachelor’s degree.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com; materials may be addressed to Jenn Bender, COO. Please include “Application for Operations Manager” in subject line.
Salary Commensurate with Experience. Competitive Benefits Package.
INP is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.