Now Hiring: Outreach and Communications Manager
The Outreach and Communications Manager position is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the COO. The Outreach and Communications Manager will play a critical role in building relationships on behalf of and representing INP in the community, helping to expand our impact and reach. S/he will lead recruiting and marketing activities, and engage our alumni and broader communities in supporting programs. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with outreach and marketing experience who wants to make a substantial impact while gaining a broad set of experiences relevant to nonprofit leadership.
- Student Recruitment (approx. 60% of role)
- Effectively represent INP in all interactions with the community, constantly seeking new opportunities to develop and manage the recruiting pipeline.
- Inform and implement a recruiting strategy that leverages the strength of INP’s programs and community and creates pathways for high-quality students from diverse backgrounds. This work will include the following and other activities:
- Develop effective recruitment materials
- Manage social media engagement
- Setup and lead information sessions
- Represent INP at events
- Individual outreach and meetings with potential students, employers of students, and partners.
- Engage staff, faculty, alumni and other ambassadors in supporting recruiting efforts in both formal and informal ways; leverage the time of INP’s COO and CEO for recruiting partnerships.
- Maintain and evaluate data on effectiveness of recruitment tactics to inform future strategies.
- Communications and Brand (approx. 30% of role)
- Develop and implement an annual communications calendar in line with program, fundraising and external opportunities.
- Manage marketing and communications activities, including:
- Update and maintain website
- Manage increasing social media presence
- Design brand materials and ensure consistent representation of brand
- Produce e-newsletters; collaborate on annual report
- Monitor analytics to inform effective marketing efforts
- Write press releases and develop and manage opportunities to increase awareness.
- Maintain and grow library of relevant research, news articles, photos, quotes, etc.
- Alumni and Community Engagement (approx. 10% of role)
- Liaise with and serve as internal project manager for Alumni Council.
- Collaborate to develop and plan alumni events, such as networking and workshop opportunities.
- Strengthen the pipeline of mentors by representing INP effectively across various audiences.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to INP’s mission and values.
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, keen attention to detail, and creativity.
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building.
- Experience with outreach, marketing and social media; design experience and/or experience with Salesforce/CRM desirable.
- Comfort with independent work while being highly engaged and energized by interactions with others.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel to sites for recruiting and program activities.
- 4-6 years of work experience and Bachelor’s degree.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; materials may be addressed to Jenn Bender, COO. Please include “Application for Outreach and Communications Manager” in subject line.
Salary Commensurate with Experience. Competitive Benefits Package.
INP is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.